Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Pressing Forward Toward Resolution...

Hamburgers and French Fries...

Resolution - to formally express an intention!

Last week I told you one of my resolutions was not to eat french fries. I must tell you that to date I have pulled that off!! And last week I ate a hamburger, without cheese mind you, and I gave my french fries away! Yes, you heard me, I gave my french fries away!


As for soda - none as of today. As for running, I am underway!
As I commit to resolutions I constantly remind myself that I must press forward to the goal. I cannot look back, and pressing forward is a lot easier said than done!!


See You At The Top'>


One of my favorite speakers and authors is Zig Ziglar. In his book, See You At The Top, he creates a formula for hitting goals.

Three points from that book that ring out in my mind as I press forward toward resolution are:

  1. Goals must be written down!
  2. I must do the actions to in order to acquire the feelings of success.
  3. I must not wait for external conditions to change to start pressing toward my goals!!!

If you haven't read the book See You At The Top, I strongly suggest it and it is my pick of the week!!

Have a good week!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being from the school of "why do something today that you can put off until tomorrow", I can certainly see the benefits and satisfaction involved in doing things yourself and in a timely manner...anytime I do things in this manner versus waiting for the external factors to change...I get better results. I also took your advice and sent a thank you e-mail to a friend and past employer of mine...although I did not get a response, I am sure that he feels the appreciation that I truely have for him.

Chip said...

Congrats on keeping your resolutions this far into January. You've made it longer than most people. Unfortunately, I cannot accept your fries next the next time we dine together. I, too, have a resolution. I am in the process of losing 100 lbs. It's three weeks into the year and I have lost 14 so far.

I'll be holding you accountable. Please do the same for me.

vcamacho said...

Hi Ron,

Last year I convinced several of my friends to write down their resolutions. Those who did were very successful in achieving them. I unfortunately, did not achieve my goals due to an unplanned life event ... breast cancer. Fortunately, all is well, and I am "pressing forward" with goals for 2008. This year my friends and I have chosen "life themes" for our resolutions. Mine is "cleaning house" which for me means working toward eliminating laziness and procrastination ... attacking issues and tasks immediately as opposed to letting them fester.

If you need some help with your running resolution, I would love to lend a hand. I am a member of Fort Bend Fit marathon training group, and I just completed my second half marathon on January 13. I've also run three full marathons. The HBU Husky Hustle 5K is scheduled for Saturday, March 29 which woud be a great realistic goal to set. You can register on-line at www.hbu.edu/huskyhustle.

Come out with your family and visit me at Homecoming on February 8 & 9. See more details at www.hbu.edu/homecoming.

Take care,

Vivian Camacho