Monday, January 7, 2008

Resolutions 2008


I love January 2nd. I often say it is the day that most of us become a liar. Oh yes, the resolutions sound great on New Year's Eve, but reality often hits shortly after!

I asked last week... What does resolution mean?

According to dictionary.com, resolution is a formal expression of opinion or intention made. (As you can imagine, there are many definitions, but I like this one the best.)

So my intentions for 2008:
  1. Run 6 miles per week!
  2. Eat only grilled meats - nothing fried.
  3. Consume no french fries.
  4. Consume no sodas!!

Pretty simple!! I will keep you all posted on my progress, and please, say a prayer for me as I will need strength, especially when it comes to the french fries!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Moe... good luck with your New Years Resolutions. Wish you were still living here in the Cedar Park/Leander area but all things must change. Take care and I hope to hear from you soon. We will be in Houston this weekend for my Grandmother's Birthday and a friend of mine from college is getting marrried. Matt Dunne just got our of the Army as well after 4 years of service and is living with his parents back in Cypress at the moment. Take care. Wes Wiese

Anonymous said...

OK Ron, Your plan sounds great. I am actually on day # 8 with the No Soda rule. I wish you the best success. Sue B.